Rapido Trains Inc HO 134005 New Haven PS County Car Baggage-Parlor-Lounge NH Hunter Green w/skirts 'Queens County' #215
- In Stock:
Please note picture is representative of the item but may not be same road number. Always refer to product description for actual product details.
The Rapido Trains HO scale New Haven County Car features:
- Accurately designed from original blueprints
- Both original and rebuilt body styles
- Correct tubular cross section
- Rapido’s renowned stainless steel finish
- Partial skirting or no skirting as appropriate for each scheme
- Full and correct interior details with extra optional parts
- Track-powered constant lighting for DC and DCC
- Full underbody details
- Operating diaphragms with end gates
- Separate grab irons, factory-installed
- 41-BNO trucks with blackened metal wheels
- 22” minimum radius - 18” radius with modification
- Macdonald-Cartier metal magnetic knuckle couplers
Rapido Trains Inc. is pleased to announce the newest release in our New Haven stainless steel series – the 'County' cars. As with other cars in this series, these cars have been developed in association with The New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association, NHRHTA.
The New Haven Railroad took delivery of a group of ten stainless steel baggage-lounge cars and ten baggage-parlor-lounge cars in 1948. A part of the post-war passenger train modernization, these cars were named after counties served by the New Haven.
The initial 1948 order was delivered in four different interior configurations, but all with baggage compartments, a drawing room, a buffet, two roomette sleeping accommodations and a mix of parlor and lounge seat arrangements.
In 1952 the New Haven determined that they needed more drawing rooms so two of the cars were rebuilt with drawing rooms in place of the baggage section. This conversion was successful enough that four more cars, for a total of six, were also converted. However, these six additional cars included no fewer than three NEW interior configurations. Cars #210-219 somehow escaped the rebuilds and retained their baggage sections throughout their service life.
The 'County' cars were some of the longest lasting New Haven stainless steel cars, some serving well into Amtrak.
Rapido’s HO scale model covers these cars in both the original baggage variation and the later rebuilt cars. We offer both the original baggage and the later rebuilt bodies and full interior details for each style. Multiple interior parts allow modelers to customize the interior parlor seat arrangements to match specific cars.
Lombard Hobbies = Big Inventory ∙ Value Pricing ∙ Fast Shipping ∙ Great Service